Saturday, September 4, 2010

embarrassed to eat out with

September 4, 2010 8:52 AM

Today we got locked in today :( this sucks cause someone locked us in and we don’t have keys to get out of the last gate. So right now I’m having coke in a bottle (with real sugar- yes I am pretty excited about it) and pbj for breakfast while read and pray.

September 4, 2010 9:36 AM

Still locked in but were getting help. I played some guitar and was able to have my own little worship time. It was nice. I am washing my face and brushing my teeth now, then I’m gonna go work on soldering some cables and then hopefully hike down to the waterfall. Only problem is I only brought 1 pair of shoes, and those are for church tomorrow and I brought my rainbows but its kinna like a cliff we have to hike down.

September 4, 2010 10:44 AM

Right now I am updating my blog and checking my email. I am excited to try to skype with Hanna. Yesterday I forgot to mention the long conversation I had with my uncle Chris. We talked about some of the problems that the youth today faces, and then we talked about our ideas for solutions to the current state of the church. One of the big things we talked about was just how busy people are now, they just don’t “have time” for things. People are used to just “doing” if they have a list of things to do then they can do it, but their heart most likely isn’t in it. We talked about those people that we look up to and wish we were more like, those people who actually live out the Christian lifestyle, the ones who we may even be embarrassed to eat out with because they call our waitress over and pray for her, then present the gospel. I think that if there were also more relational Christians who actually cared about each other and loved each other that would be great. But for some reason Christians just cant get along with each other and others see that as hypocritical because if we are called to love and we cant even get along with each other how is that reflecting Christ. A lack of good community is also a huge thing that the church lacks, discipleship, small groups, and accountability groups. I know that the youth today are searching for that, for people who care about them enough to spend time with them and talk and listen. It reminds me of an article I read about this guy who got out of jail and started going to church. He read through the whole bible in jail and once he started going to church he saw all the disunity and realized that the gang he came from was more loving then the so called “Christians” so he went back to his normal lifestyle. Anyways those are just some thoughts, and I didn’t really process them all in an orderly fashion. Sorry for the thoughts puked out. Next time ill try to clean it up first.

Ps. I’m really excited to skype with Hanna

No comments:

Post a Comment