Saturday, September 4, 2010

let him sit alone in silence when it is laid on him.

September 2, 2010 7:51 PM

I have been in Haiti for just over 12 hours now. It is dark and I had to use a flashlight to navigate my way back to where I am staying. I fumbled around with my keys to unlock the 2 gates on the way to my room, and then clumsily unlocked the my door. I came really close to dropping my keys into a deep dark ally, but don’t worry, I didn’t.

Tonight I read Lamentations chapter 3. I love Gods word and how it applies to me daily, I love how He speaks through it to me, and how His spirit moves in me when the word of God is on the forefront of my mind. Sadly I don’t seek after God as much as I should, and I do not spend as much time in His word as I should. I keep asking for signs and answers to prayer but I am so self centered that I don’t even spend time with God, let alone take time out of “my day” to read His word. Yet I find myself complaining to Him, about not feeling Him working in my life, not hearing Him, and not receiving answers to my prayers. I suck at being a disciple of God. But Lamentations 3 shows that he is faithful even when I seem to be faithless. Anyways these are some of the verses that stood out to me;

Vs 21-24 But this I call to mind, and therefore I have hope: the steadfast love of the Lord never ceases his mercies never come to an end. They are new every morning, great is Your faithfulness. “The Lord is my portion” says my soul, “therefore I will hope in him”.

These next couple verse were such an answer to prayer, it’s amazing that God hears me when I cry out, that he cares for me and answers me. It’s just crazy.

Vs 25-27 the Lord is good to those who wait for him, to the soul that seeks him. It is good that one should WAIT QUIETLY for the salvation of the Lord.

It is good for a man that he bear the yoke in his youth

Let him sit alone in silence when it is laid on him.

Now that’s just what I plan on doing in a little bit here. I am tired from traveling but I think I am still unable to sleep, sometimes jet lag can be a blessing (but more often it’s a curse).

This is my prayer tonight,

Vs 40-41 Let us test and examine our ways and return to the Lord. Let us lift up our hearts and hands to God in heaven.

Over and out

Ps. I forgot how much I love Haitian Coffee

No comments:

Post a Comment