Tuesday, September 7, 2010

They shall return and shall dwell beneath my shadow

September 7, 2010 8:45 AM

I just got out of the shower and it feels so nice to be clean. I started an amazing quiet time, but it got interrupted so I could make toast and coffee. And I must say, that was a great idea because now I can enjoy my 1st meal of the day and not have to rush or skip it. AND I get to spend more time doing my devos, which come out of Hosea ch. 14. As I read I thought of a song by Phil Wickham titled “The Light Will Come” . I can only imagine this is how Israel must have felt after all this time when they have lost all hope, Israel finally repented and cried out for God, and God comes and says;

“I will heal their apostasy; I will love them freely. For my anger has turned from them. I will be like the dew to Israel; he shall blossom like the lily; he shall take root like the trees of Lebanon; his shoots shall spread out; his beauty shall be like the olive, and his fragrance like Lebanon. They shall return and shall dwell beneath my shadow; they shall flourish like the grain, the shall blossom like the vine their fame shall be like the wine of Lebanon “

Beautiful-

When we arrive at eternity shore where death is just a memory and tears are no more. Well enter in as the wedding bells ring, your bride will come together and we’ll sing You’re beautiful.

This morning I also had an amazing little worhip service all by myself and it was WONDERFUL. I remember talking to one of my dear friends josh about how sometimes you have those amazing devotion times when you are in the presence of God and you seek after that daily. But it is never the same even if you read the same passage and pray the same prayer, because God chooses to show himself at his time. And I don’t think it’s a bad thing to want those times to come, unless it is out of selfish, and self-centered motives. Anyways just a thought.

It is well with my soul.

1 comment:

  1. Zach, I love what you wrote. More than that, I love the way you are surrendered to god and intentional about spending time with him. I love reading your blog. Keep posting...I miss you and love you, son.

    ReplyDelete