Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Thank you oh my father

September 12, 2010 8:06 PM

I just got back from our little trip. We went to a little town called Hench. It was a 3½ hour long drive there, we left at 6am so we got there just in time to attend a church service. They asked each of us to share a little in front of the congregation. It was a little intimidating because I certainly didn’t have anything prepared to say. But I did anyways and it actually wasn’t as bad as I thought. I wasn’t expecting on attending a church, so I had my most raggedy shirt and cutoffs on. In Haiti they all dress up really nice. People may even carry their Sunday outfit miles in a bag and then change once they get to church. So I felt very under dressed.

There was 7 of us that went. But I was the youngest so I got to ride in the back the whole way. I don’t want to complain because I am so thankful that I got to go, but my back is wrecked! It hurts to stand up straight. I wish God had blessed me with longer legs instead of a longer torso. But beggars cant be choosers eh?

We ate at a pretty cool restaurant and I had chicken, rice and beans, beet salad, 7up and a football sized fresh avocado. It was amazing,

We got to visit some of the sponsored kids, I was traveling with their sponsor parents. And we deliver some gifts for them as well as food for their family. We also brought boxes of food and supplies for the school in Hench that the mission supports.

We got to visit the houses of the sponsor kids, but one kid was in the hospital, so we went to his house and then to the hospital to visit for a little. He was so weak, he didn’t move much, at least until we brought out the football.

Once we got back I got to go to the bible study that all the BHM staff attends. This week it was on Moses taking the Israelites across the Red Sea. We started to understand how much faith it took for Israel to cross the sea. God was using that as a test for them. Just like He continues to test us, to show us how small our trust is, and how big He is, and how worthy His trust is. When I go through hard times I hope one day my first instinct will be to turn to God and praise Him for helping me grow. Instead I find myself turning to Him and grumbling, just like the Israelites.

Thank you oh my father for giving us your son and leaving your spirit till your work on earth is done

Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment